In 2020 little Milly Byrne was on the heart transplant journey and spent many months at Freeman Hospital, Newcastle. Her community at Magheracloone embarked on a fundraising drive for Heart Children Ireland’s Blue Ribbon Fund. This fund, which was started by Derek Moran and his family in memory of their Daughter Elaine, is restricted to families on the transplant journey. We are privileged to manage this Fund.
We were so happy to travel to Magheracloone GAA in Monaghan on a beautiful Bank Holiday Monday to meet Milly and her family. Milly is doing really well following her transplant. Their incredible fundraising efforts raised €194k for The Blue Ribbon Fund. Phenomenal! We are forever grateful and can, well into the future, continue to support our families as they embark on this journey. Our heartfelt thanks to everyone involved. What you have done is truly inspirational.
Heart Children Ireland would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has raised funds and contributed to the development of our organisation.
A HUGE thank you to all our Runners/Walkers that take part in the Mini Marathon over many years and raising thousand’s of Euro for Heart Children Ireland.
Are you running/walking the Women’s Mini Marathon? Why not consider doing the marathon for Heart Children Ireland. T-shirts and sponsorship cards are available from the Heart Children Office, email email@example.com or telephone01 874 0990.
Chill Insurance have been Heart Children Ireland’s Corporate Sponsor for a number of years and have sponsored the wonderful Heart Children Ireland Calendar for the past 3 years. Chill Insurance assist Heart Children Ireland in many other ways, sponsoring events and also our wonderful T-shirts. we are forever grateful for their support.
Members Fundraising Initiatives
A huge thank you to all our fundraisers. Past Fundraising Events for Heart Children Ireland
- Heart Children was the charity chosen by Daniel Day-Lewis to benefit from the Dublin Premier of ‘There will be Blood’ in 2008.
- The Limerick Ladies Lunch has become an annual event raising significant funds for Heart Children.
- Fermoy GAA in association with Heart Children Ireland held a fundraiser which involved a ‘Bed Push’ through a large number of towns, the objectives of the event was to raise funds for Heart Children Ireland and to create awareness of our organisation.
- The Order of Saint Lazarus presented Heart Children with €46,000, the proceed of a Ladies Lunch and Gala Ball in 2007.
- The Ireland Canada Business Association raised the terrific sum of €20,000 for Heart Children Ireland at the Maple Leaf Ball in November 2006.